Marinate everything, THEN, put them on the skewers. That's what I do.
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 (8-oz.) block mozzarella cheese
- 16 (4-inch) Genoa salami slices
- 1 (14-oz.) can small artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz.) jar large pitted Spanish olives, drained
- 16 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 (16-oz.) bottle balsamic-basil vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Cut cheese evenly into 16 cubes. Wrap salami slices around cheese cubes. Thread cubes, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and olives alternatively on skewers. Place skewers in a large plastic container or baking dish.
- 2. Stir together vinaigrette and lemon juice. Pour dressing mixture over skewers; cover tightly, and chill 8 hours. Remove skewers from marinade, discarding marinade before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ken's Steak House Balsamic & Basil Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note