Italian Sirloin Steaks
A quick, two-hour marinade adds rich flavor to these sirloins. Serve pasta and a salad to complete the meal.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 (3/4-inch-thick) top-sirloin steaks (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; rub with garlic mixture. Cover and chill steaks at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle steaks evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat a two-sided contact indoor electric grill according to manufacturer's instructions on HIGH. Place steaks on grill rack, close lid; grill 7 to 9 minutes (medium-rare) or to desired degree of doneness. Cut steaks in half.
- Note: When using an outdoor gas or charcoal grill, grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note