Italian Shrimp, Scallop, and Calamari Salad
Yield: Makes 10 servings
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 3/4 pound calamari, cut into rings and tentacles halved
- 2 cups very thinly sliced fennel (about 1 bulb)
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted Sicilian olives or other green olive
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives or other black olive
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until no longer translucent. Transfer shrimp to a large colander with a large slotted spoon. Add scallops to boiling water; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until no longer translucent. Transfer scallops to colander with shrimp. Add calamari to boiling water; cook 30 seconds. Transfer calamari to colander with other seafood. Run cold water over seafood until no longer warm; drain well.
- Combine cool seafood, fennel, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl with a wire whisk. Pour over seafood-vegetable mixture. Toss well to coat. Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Wine note: Pour a Champagne or sparkling wine, such as NV Laurent-Perrier, Brut L-P.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This