I had to use what I had on hand, so I made the recipe w a lime instead of lemon, granulated garlic, not fresh, a little cumin, chili powder and the olive oil and salt. It came out great w a Mexican flavor. My husband didn't want his this way but when he tasted mine, he said he'd have it that way next time. I would definitely make this again, hopefully w the lemons next time!
Italian-Seasoned Roast Chicken Breasts
Fresh Italian herbs and seasonings make these roast chicken breasts taste out-of-this-world delicious. Serve with sauteed spinach and mashed potatoes for a hearty meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.8g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Loosen skin from chicken by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Rub rosemary mixture under loosened skin over flesh; rub over top of skin. Place chicken, bone side down, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Coat skin lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the breast registers 155°. Remove chicken from pan; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Nutrition Note: Since chicken breast meat is low in calories and saturated fat, you can eat the skin and still keep saturated fat within allowable limits. If you like dark meat, which is higher in saturated fat, remove and discard the skin.
Lean breast meat needs to be shielded as it cooks, so leave the skin on (and enjoy it—see Nutrition Note).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes