One of the easiest ways to add Italian flavor to chicken is to coat it with Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs and serve with an herbed tomato sauce. The sauce in this recipe uses pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Southern Living JANUARY 2009
1. Prepare rice according to package directions, adding celery with rice.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Cook chicken in hot oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and done. Remove from skillet, and drain well on paper towels. Keep warm.
5. Heat 2 cups Hearty Tomato Blend in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
6. Toss hot cooked rice with parsley, and place on a serving plate. Top with chicken. Spoon Hearty Tomato Blend over chicken and rice. Garnish, if desired.
Go to full version of