Italian-Seasoned Chicken Breasts
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup uncooked extra long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast cutlets (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups Hearty Tomato Blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions, adding celery with rice.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- 3. Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- 4. Cook chicken in hot oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and done. Remove from skillet, and drain well on paper towels. Keep warm.
- 5. Heat 2 cups Hearty Tomato Blend in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 6. Toss hot cooked rice with parsley, and place on a serving plate. Top with chicken. Spoon Hearty Tomato Blend over chicken and rice. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes