- 1 cup uncooked extra long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast cutlets (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups Hearty Tomato Blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions, adding celery with rice.
Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Cook chicken in hot oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and done. Remove from skillet, and drain well on paper towels. Keep warm.
Heat 2 cups Hearty Tomato Blend in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Toss hot cooked rice with parsley, and place on a serving plate. Top with chicken. Spoon Hearty Tomato Blend over chicken and rice. Garnish, if desired.