Really liked this recipe! Very easy/quick to prepare and a great way to use up all those late summer zucchini and tomatoes. I like that it doesn't use a heavy sauce, which allows the flavor of the sausage and tomatoes to rise to the top.
Italian Sausage and Zucchini Pasta
Photo: Annabelle Breakey
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 571
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 767mg
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mild or hot Italian sausages, casings removed and broken into 1/2-in. chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pot, and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
- 3. In the same pan, cook garlic, onion, and zucchini until starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, pepper, and reserved sausage and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Combine sausage mixture with reserved pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with half the parmesan and serve with remaining cheese on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes