- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mild or hot Italian sausages, casings removed and broken into 1/2-in. chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- calories 571
- caloriesfromfat 48 %
- protein 24 g
- fat 31 g
- satfat 11 g
- carbohydrate 50 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- sodium 767 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pot, and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
In the same pan, cook garlic, onion, and zucchini until starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, pepper, and reserved sausage and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Combine sausage mixture with reserved pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with half the parmesan and serve with remaining cheese on the side.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.