- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 (19.76-oz.) package uncooked sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 cup water
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese Grits
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Drain tomatoes, reserving juice; set tomatoes aside.
Brown sausage links in a nonstick skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Add reserved tomato juice and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, turning occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
Sauté peppers and onion in hot oil in another large nonstick skillet 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes; cook until thoroughly heated. Remove sausage links from skillet, discarding liquid; cut links into bite-size pieces. Serve sausage over Parmesan Cheese Grits; top evenly with pepper mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Johnsonville Sweet Italian Links.