Italian Sausage Stuffing
Photo: Laurie Black; Styling: Chelsea Fuss
More From Coastal Living
- 1 1/2 (16-ounce) loaves black pepper-and-cheese bread, rosemary-black pepper focaccia, or French baguette, cubed
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Add onion, celery, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add stock, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 3. Combine bread, sausage mixture, poultry seasoning, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to combine. Whisk together eggs and half-and-half, and fold into stuffing.
- 4. Spoon stuffing into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan; cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables