Italian Sausage Stuffing
Incorporate your favorite flavored bread (black pepper-and-cheese bread, rosemary-black pepper focaccia, or French baguette) into this tasty Italian Sausage Stuffing.
More From Coastal Living
- 1 1/2 (16-ounce) loaves black pepper-and-cheese bread, rosemary-black pepper focaccia, or French baguette, cubed
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Add onion, celery, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add stock, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 3. Combine bread, sausage mixture, poultry seasoning, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to combine. Whisk together eggs and half-and-half, and fold into stuffing.
- 4. Spoon stuffing into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan; cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note