- 6 whole wheat uncooked lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces hot or mild turkey Italian sausage
- 1 (26-ounce) jar no-salt-added spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (15-ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- calories 354
- fat 14 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 35 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 439 mg
- calcium 384 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, but do not rinse. Arrange noodles in a single layer on wax paper to prevent sticking.
Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well; return to pan. Add spaghetti sauce and carrot; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Spoon 3/4 cup sauce mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce. Combine ricotta cheese, salt, 1/2 cup hot water, spinach, and basil in a large bowl; spoon half of mixture over noodles. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup sauce mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ricotta mixture, 3 noodles, and remaining sauce mixture. Cover dish with foil; bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella, and bake 30 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.