Very good and tasty. Of course, I didn't make anything but the crust. :) My husband rocks at cooking.
Italian Sausage-Spinach-Cheese Quiche
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 ounce(s) Loose Italian sausage, spicy hot, Preferrably from Delmonico's, Mpls.
- 8 piece(s) Sundried tomatoes, Amport Foods Restaurant Style
- 3 cup(s) Fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup(s) Chopped onion
- 3 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Italian sausage seasoning, Penzeys
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Oregano Penzeys
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) Prepared pesto, Alessi brand
- 5 eggs
- 7/8 cup(s) half-and-half
- Dash Garlic Salt
- Dash Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 Prepared pie crust, unbaked
- 1. Brown sausage in 1/2 Tb of the olive oil in cast iron pan. Set sausage aside when done.
- 2. Add onion, garlic in pan with other 1/2 Tb olive oil and saute until translucent.
- 3. Chop sun dried tomatoes and add to pan.
- 4. Add 3 cups baby spinach to pan and saute until wilted.
- 5. Add 5 eggs, half and half, oregano in separate bowl and beat til mixed.
- 6. Put sausage on bottom of pie crust. Add vegetable mixture. Then add cheese in layers. Pour egg mixture over top.
- 7. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 10 minutes. Turn down to 325 and bake for 40 minutes more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Elsiekay and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note