Very good and tasty. Of course, I didn't make anything but the crust. :) My husband rocks at cooking.
Italian Sausage-Spinach-Cheese Quiche
Community Recipe from
- 6 ounce(s) Loose Italian sausage, spicy hot, Preferrably from Delmonico's, Mpls.
- 8 piece(s) Sundried tomatoes, Amport Foods Restaurant Style
- 3 cup(s) Fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup(s) Chopped onion
- 3 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Italian sausage seasoning, Penzeys
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Oregano Penzeys
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) Prepared pesto, Alessi brand
- 5 eggs
- 7/8 cup(s) half-and-half
- Dash Garlic Salt
- Dash Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 Prepared pie crust, unbaked
- 1. Brown sausage in 1/2 Tb of the olive oil in cast iron pan. Set sausage aside when done.
- 2. Add onion, garlic in pan with other 1/2 Tb olive oil and saute until translucent.
- 3. Chop sun dried tomatoes and add to pan.
- 4. Add 3 cups baby spinach to pan and saute until wilted.
- 5. Add 5 eggs, half and half, oregano in separate bowl and beat til mixed.
- 6. Put sausage on bottom of pie crust. Add vegetable mixture. Then add cheese in layers. Pour egg mixture over top.
- 7. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 10 minutes. Turn down to 325 and bake for 40 minutes more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Elsiekay and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes