This is sooooo easy to make. It is so perfect served with some crusty bread. It is one of the best things I make during the week. The flavor is amazing and surprising considering how few ingredients it has and how fast it comes together.
Italian Sausage Soup
Randy Mayor; Cindy Barr
Lighten up a hearty sausage soup recipe with turkey Italian sausage and add flavor with canned tomatoes, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups soup, 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese, and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 1020mg
- Calcium: 153mg
- 8 ounces hot or sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan, and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain; return to pan.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and pasta to pan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Remove from heat; stir in spinach until wilted. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews