Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 455
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 47.3g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 725mg
- Calcium: 332mg
- 2 cups onion-pepper mixture reserved from Sausage, Bell Pepper, and Onion Lasagna
- 4 (3.5-ounce) links sweet Italian turkey sausage reserved from Lasagna, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in quarters diagonally
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Reheat onion and pepper mixture in a microwave-safe bowl on high for about 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once after about 1 minute.
- In a separate dish, reheat sausages for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Slice each baguette quarter in half horizontally, cutting almost through to the other side. Arrange bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Top half of each portion with 1 ounce cheese. Bake at 450° for 3 minutes or until cheese melts and bread is lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
- Spread mustard evenly over bread. Top with 2 sausage halves and 1/2 cup onion-pepper mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note