- 2 cups onion-pepper mixture reserved from Sausage, Bell Pepper, and Onion Lasagna
- 4 (3.5-ounce) links sweet Italian turkey sausage reserved from Lasagna, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in quarters diagonally
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- calories 455
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 15.1 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 5.5 g
- polyfat 5 g
- protein 33.6 g
- carbohydrate 47.3 g
- fiber 4.9 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 4.9 mg
- sodium 725 mg
- calcium 332 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Reheat onion and pepper mixture in a microwave-safe bowl on high for about 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once after about 1 minute.
In a separate dish, reheat sausages for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
Slice each baguette quarter in half horizontally, cutting almost through to the other side. Arrange bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Top half of each portion with 1 ounce cheese. Bake at 450° for 3 minutes or until cheese melts and bread is lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
Spread mustard evenly over bread. Top with 2 sausage halves and 1/2 cup onion-pepper mixture.