Italian Sausage Lasagna
More From Johnsonville Sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, sauté the sausage in Bertolli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink
- 3. Add onion and garlic and continue sautéing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- 4. Add marinara sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- 5. In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup of the KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- 6. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- 7. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ¼ of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese over this. Repeat this process three more times, starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining ¼ cup of KRAFT Grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- 8. Sprinkle with oregano.
- 9. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- 10. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Sausage Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes