We thought these were great!! Will definitely make again!
Italian Sausage Burgers with Fennel Slaw
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 413
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 33.9g
- Carbohydrate: 37.5g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 930mg
- Calcium: 189mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 8 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) Kaiser rolls
- To prepare slaw, combine vinegar, sugar, oil, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves. Add fennel and onion, tossing to combine. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to 1 hour, tossing slaw occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare burgers, remove sausage from casing. Combine the sausage and the turkey breast. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side. Top each patty with 1 cheese slice; grill 1 to 2 minutes or until burgers are done and cheese melts. Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Removing slaw with a slotted spoon, arrange about 1/2 cup slaw on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with 1 patty and top half of roll.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This