Italian Sausage and Vegetable Pasta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) ziti pasta uncooked
- 5 ounce(s) fresh broccoli forets bite-size
- 19.5 ounce(s) lean hot Italian turkey sausage cut in 2" pcs
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1-3/4 cup(s) large red pepper cut bite-size strips
- 1-3/4 cup(s) large yellow pepper cut bite-size strips
- 1 cup(s) sweet onion sliced
- 14.5 ounces each
- 2 can(s) fire-roasted crushed or diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup(s) provolone cheese shredded
- 1. In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Return to pot; cover to keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in 12" nonstick skillet, cook sausage pieces over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally (8-10 minutes or until sausage is browned and no longer pink in centers). drain; transfer sausage to plate and reserve.
- 3. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onion; cook 3-4 minutes; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until vegetabls are crisp-tender.
- 4. Add pasta and broccoli sausage, and tomatoes to skillet; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SchellerFamily and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note