Italian Pot Roast
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 751
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Protein: 46g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 96g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Sodium: 1125mg
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- 1 1/2 pounds dried spaghetti
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery (2 oz.), rinsed, ends trimmed, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fat-skimmed beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or more beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 package (2 lb.) cooked boned beef pot roast with gravy
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- 1. In an 8- to 10-quart covered pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until barely tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick frying pan or 5- to 6-quart nonstick pan over high heat, stir onion, mushrooms, celery, and ham in olive oil until onion begins to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Add broth, wine, and tomato paste; stir until well blended.
- 3. Discard any solidified fat from pot roast and sauce. Scrape sauce from meat into onion-tomato mixture. Cut beef across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices and lay over onion-tomato sauce; cover and simmer over low heat until beef is hot, 7 to 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Drain spaghetti well and pour onto a rimmed platter or into a wide, shallow bowl. With a slotted spatula, arrange beef slices over pasta. Spoon sauce over meat and pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes