It just needed more seasoning or something. I wasn't really impressed.
Italian Patty-Melt Hoagie
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 892
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Protein: 60g
- Carbohydrate: 75g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 Italian frying pepper, sliced (1 1/4 cups)
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 (6-inch) hoagie rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese (3 oz.)
- 3/4 pound lean ground round
- 2/3 cup warmed tomato sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion, frying pepper, mushrooms, garlic, 1/4 tsp. salt, oregano and 1/4 tsp. ground pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Keep warm in oven.
- While vegetables are cooking, split rolls and hollow out slightly. Place on a baking sheet with hollowed sides up and arrange 1 slice of cheese on each roll half. Crumble beef into a bowl and mix in remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Divide meat in half and then form into 2 oval patties, shaping meat to match shape and size of rolls.
- Place rolls in oven to warm. Place a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add beef patties to skillet and cook for 3 minutes; flip, place remaining cheese on top, cover pan, and cook until medium done, about 3 minutes.
- Place roll bottoms on plates. Top each with some tomato sauce, a patty and some vegetable mixture. Cover with roll tops and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches