Italian Pasta Rockefeller
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Roll Sausage
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 bag fresh leaf spinach
- Alfredo Sauce (recipe, below)
- 1 pound cavatelli pasta
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet with lid, saute oil, onion and garlic. When onions are translucent, add sausage, breaking it as it cooks. When sausage is no longer pink, add white wine and broth. Place spinach in pan. Cover and allow to simmer on low until it comes to a boil. Remove lid, reduce heat to warm and allow the sausage/spinach mix to reduce in size. Meanwhile prepare Alfredo Sauce (recipe, below) and boil pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Combine sausage mixture and Alfredo Sauce. Pour sausage-Alfredo sauce on top of pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Alfredo Sauce: In pan, add 2 cups heavy cream, 2 eggs, beaten, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Stir continually until cheese is melted and sauce thickens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This