- 1 (12-oz.) package WACKY MAC Veggie Spirals
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (26-oz.) jar tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (8-oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Cook beef, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a Dutch-oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
Stir in tomatoes, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Combine tomato mixture and pasta; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 400º for 30 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.