1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Cook beef, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a Dutch-oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in tomatoes, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Combine tomato mixture and pasta; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 400º for 30 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.