- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (14-ounce) cans less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 232
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 10.8 g
- carbohydrate 36.2 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 497 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add beef broth and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add pasta to vegetable mixture. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Ladle soup into individual bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.