Used equal parts parmesan mix and crushed saltine crackers as a coating for chicken tenders after soaking in buttermilk, then baked in oven and broiled briefly, very juicy! Looking forward to many more uses for this mix.
Italian Parmesan Herb Mix
This is one of our most versatile seasoning blends. Toss with hot cooked pasta, steamed vegetables, or a bag of microwave popcorn. Sprinkle it over French bread and croutons; or dip frozen roll dough and biscuits into melted butter, and dredge with the mixture before baking. Combined with an equal amount of fresh, soft breadcrumbs, it makes an irresistibly crisp coating for pan-fried chicken cutlets and pork chops or a flavorful binder for homemade meatballs and meatloaf.
This recipe goes with Holiday Herb Butter
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8-ounce) container grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Stir together all ingredients. Package mixture in airtight containers, and store in refrigerator up to 6 weeks.
- Holiday Herb Butter: Stir together 1 cup softened butter and 1/4 cup Italian Parmesan Herb Mix. Makes 1 cup. Prep: 5 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note