Italian Nut Balls
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) butter soften
- 2 egg yolks(reserve whites)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 cup(s) Hecker's unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) walnuts chopped
- 1 bottle(s) strawberry preserves
- Combine sugar, salt, butter, egg yolks, vanilla, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer on medium speed until well blended. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup. Level off. Gradually add flour. Blend at low speed until well mixed. Knead together to make a a better consistency. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Dip dough balls into two reserve egg whites which are slighten beaten with a whisk and then dip in nuts. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Space 2 inches apart. Make a deep depression in center of cookie with finger tip. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until firm to the touch and lightly brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet . While still warm fill centers with a heaping teaspoon of preserves. Allow preserves to set before storing in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DorothyHarrsch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Nut Balls Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies