More From Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil OR Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (11.5 oz.) can tomato juice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup uncooked small elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. HEAT oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add celery, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until crisp-tender.
2. ADD cabbage and carrots. Cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes with juice, tomato juice and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
3. MIX in the three kinds of beans, parsley, oregano and basil. Simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and flavors have blended.
4. STIR in cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese just before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Minestrone Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews