Italian Meringue Frosting
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, and boil until a candy thermometer registers 248° (about 5 minutes).
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; add salt, and beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk hot syrup into egg whites, whisking until stiff peaks form and frosting is of spreading consistency.
- Stir in vanilla and, if desired, food coloring.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note