- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Marinara Sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make It
Combine sausage, ground turkey, and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
Gently shape meat mixture into 30 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
Bring Marinara Sauce to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, and simmer. Add 10 meatballs, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until meatballs are done. Remove meatballs from sauce, and keep warm; repeat procedure with remaining meatballs.
Return all cooked meatballs to sauce, reduce heat to low, and cook 10 more minutes. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti, and, if desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.