Italian Lemon Drop Cookies
Yield: 3 1/2 Dozen Cookies
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup warm milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Add shortening. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until shortening is completely blended into flour mixture. Add milk, egg and lemon extract, mixing just until blended.
- ROLL dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack.
- For frosting, BEAT powdered sugar, shortening, 2 tablespoons warm milk and lemon extract in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in additional warm milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency. Spread on top of cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Cookies