Italian Knot Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick(s) Butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) Vanillla
- 5 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 5 cup(s) Flour
- powdered sugar
- anisette extract (or whatever flavoring you prefer)
- food coloring, if desired
- Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, butter and butter with mixer. Add sugar and beat until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating until fluffy. Add flour mixture. You will have to stir by hand at the end because it will be too stiff to beat with the mixer.
- Form dough into a large ball and let set for a few minutes. If dough is too soft, you can add more flour, a little at a time. Shape small pieces of dough into knot shape by rolling between hands into a rope and twisting into knot shape.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350°F until lightly browned on bottom. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cookies will not be brown on top when done. Only the bottom.
- Cool on wire racks and dip into icing. Dust with sprinkles. Let dry on sheets of waxed paper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JDespo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes