- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts, coarsely chopped (about 1 lb.)
- 2 boneless center-cut pork chops, chopped (about 1 lb.)
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen diced onion, red and green bell peppers, and celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- Hot cooked orzo or other pasta (about 8 oz., uncooked)
- Garnishes: thinly sliced green onions, shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Brown Italian sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage from Dutch oven using a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in Dutch oven.
Cook chicken and pork in hot drippings in Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add frozen onion mixture and next 4 ingredients, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes and green chiles, tomato paste, 1/4 cup water, and Italian sausage; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring often, 20 minutes.
Stir hot cooked orzo into jambalaya just before serving, or serve over hot cooked pasta. Garnish, if desired.