Italian Inspired One Point Plus Value Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Escarole chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 cup(s) onions chopped
- 2 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) red pepper (medium) chopped
- 2 cup(s) fennel bulb (one bulb) thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini cubed
- 6 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 28 ounce(s) can diced tomatoes, fire roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh oregano finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil
- Put escarole, garlic, onions, spinach, zucchini, red pepper, fennel bulb, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, thyme and oregano into a large soup pot; stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, parsley and basil. Serve.
- Serving size: about 1 cup
- We used the PointsPlus Tracker to calculate the following additions to an individual 1-cup serving:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese, PointsPlus value: 1
- 2 oz cooked chicken sausage, PointsPlus value: 3
- 2 Tbsp cooked chickpeas, PointsPlus value: .5
- 2 Tbsp cooked orzo, PointsPlus value: .5
- 2 small, store-bought turkey meatballs, PointsPlus value: 2
This recipe is a personal recipe added by zfrogglady1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note