Italian Home Fries
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- potatoes potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed into a paste with the back of a chef's knife
- 1 small Spanish onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes, par-cooked and diced
- 8 ounces Italian sausage, hot, mild or a combination, removed from the casing
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the butter on a cast-iron griddle or in large saute pan over medium-high. Add the garlic and onions and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the peppers and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, sausage, paprika and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Stir in the rosemary, and then start pressing the mixture onto the griddle so that the bottom gets brown and crispy and the potatoes stick together. Turn the mixture occasionally to distribute the crispy bits.
- Toss the mixture with the parsley and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil and serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Meyekel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note