I would wait and add parmesan mixture to melted butter and apply after breadsticks have baked also decrease kosher salt to maybe half. Too much of the parmesan mixture was wasted by not sticking to the breadsticks.
Italian Herb Breadsticks
Serve with soups, salads, or spaghetti.
Yield: Makes 24 servings
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt*
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Cut dough into 24 pieces. Roll each piece into a 12-inch rope. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan mixture.
- Place ropes, 1 inch apart, on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden. Brush breadsticks with melted butter, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- *Kosher salt has a coarser texture than regular iodized salt. It can be found near other salts in the supermarket. 1 1/2 teaspoons iodized salt may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads