Absolutely amazing!!! Made this last night on our indoor grill plan. We didn't have any mint so we just left it out and it was still great. This is perfect for company and will for sure be in our regular dinner rotation at home.
Italian Grilled Zucchini and Red Onion
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
This simple side dish is tastiest at room temperature, so it's an ideal make-ahead. Any leftovers would be good the next day for lunch with couscous.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion (about 1 large)
- 2 pounds small zucchini, cut lengthwise into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Sprinkle zucchini mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss gently to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until zucchini is tender and vegetables are well marked. Remove zucchini from grill; reduce grill heat to medium-low. Grill onion an additional 5 minutes or until tender. Combine zucchini, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cheese, and mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Grilled Zucchini and Red Onion Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables