Simple & fantastic!
Italian Grilled Zucchini and Red Onion
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
This simple side dish is tastiest at room temperature, so it's an ideal make-ahead. Any leftovers would be good the next day for lunch with couscous.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion (about 1 large)
- 2 pounds small zucchini, cut lengthwise into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Sprinkle zucchini mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss gently to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until zucchini is tender and vegetables are well marked. Remove zucchini from grill; reduce grill heat to medium-low. Grill onion an additional 5 minutes or until tender. Combine zucchini, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cheese, and mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Grilled Zucchini and Red Onion Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This