Italian Green Bean Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) fresh green beans ends trimmed & cut in half
- 8 tablespoon(s) butter divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced onion
- 5 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 roasted red pepper diced
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) mozzarella cheese cut in small pieces
- 3/4 sleeve of Ritz crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter a 2 qt casserole dish or 9x13 baking pan. Gently steam the green beans just until tender, but still firm. Arrange in bottom of pan.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat, add onions and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, whisk in milk, bring to a simmer, stir in red peppers and cheese. Turn off heat and stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over top of green beans. Combine the crushed crackers, remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter and parmeasan cheese and spread over top of casserole. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Green Bean Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles