Italian Fried Steak with Roasted Pepper Pesto/BHG
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 1/2 pound(s) beef cubed steak
- olive oil
- 12 ounce(s) jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained
- 2/3 cup(s) fresh basil leaves
- 1. In a shallow dish combine crumbs and half the cheese. In another shallow dish, beat together egg and water. Cut meat in 8 equal-size portions; lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then crumb mixture; press lightly to coat.
- 2. In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, cook steak, about 5 minutes per side, adding more oil as needed. Remove to a serving platter; cover to keep warm. Carefully wipe skillet clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, in blender or processor combine drained peppers and remaining cheese. Process until nearly smooth. Finely chop 1/2 cup of the basil; set aside. Transfer pepper mixture to hot skillet and heat through. Remove from heat. Stir in finely chopped basil. Pour sauce over steaks. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Makes 4 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Fried Steak with Roasted Pepper Pesto/BHG Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes