In this variation of eggplant Parmesan, instead of coating the eggplant slices in breadcrumbs, you simply coat them with cooking spray and brown them before topping the slices with a tomato mixture and cheese.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 72
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced into 6 slices (about 1 pound)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups canned whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Coat a jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Arrange eggplant in pan in a layer; coat with cooking spray. Broil 6 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Turn and lightly coat with cooking spray; season with pepper. Broil an additional 6 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 3. Combine tomato and next 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- 4. Arrange eggplant in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top eggplant with mozzarella cheese and tomato mixture. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese melts. Sprinkle parsley and Parmesan over eggplant mixture. Serve immediately.
- carbo rating: 7
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note