- 4 (1.3-ounce) frozen vegetable protein sausage breakfast patties (such as Morningstar Farms)
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) eggplant
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 219
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 19.3 g
- carbohydrate 19.5 g
- fiber 7.3 g
- cholesterol 17 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 730 mg
- calcium 260 mg
How to Make It
Partially thaw breakfast patties in microwave at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds; crumble into small pieces.
Remove stem end of eggplant; slice eggplant lengthwise into 4 (1/2-inch) slices. Arrange slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat slices with spray, and broil 4 minutes. Turn slices, coat with cooking spray, and broil 2 minutes.
Sprinkle salt over eggplant; top evenly with crumbled breakfast patties, and broil 1 minute.
Combine pasta sauce, basil, and red pepper.
Spoon sauce over eggplant, and top with cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts.