Italian Egg Rolls
Traditional egg rolls detour into an Italian-inspired recipe. Make sure you don't forget the warm pizza sauce for dipping!
Yield: Makes 8
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound ground sweet or hot Italian pork sausage
- 2 10-oz. pkgs. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 14-oz. pkg. egg roll wrappers
- olive oil for deep frying
- Garnish: pizza sauce, warmed
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and green pepper in oil. Remove to a medium bowl and set aside. Brown sausage in skillet; drain and combine with onion mixture. Add spinach, cheeses and garlic powder; mix well. Top each egg roll wrapper with 3 tablespoons of mixture; roll up, following directions on egg roll package. Heat 3 to 4 inches oil in a deep fryer. Add egg rolls a few at a time, frying until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note