Italian Club Sandwich
A traditional club gets an Italian update in this mouth-watering baked sandwich recipe. Salami and bologna replace turkey for a welcomed twist on a old classic.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (16-ounce) Italian bread loaf
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced mortadella or bologna
- 4 (1-ounce) provolone cheese slices
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and cut in half
- Garnish: pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Cut bread diagonally into 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices; arrange on a baking sheet. Brush slices evenly with Italian dressing, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread untoasted sides of bread slices evenly with mayonnaise and mustard. Layer 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up, with salami, mortadella, and provolone. Top with 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up; layer with lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side down. Cut in half, and secure with wooden picks. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note