Italian Chocolate Pepper Cookies
A chocolatey spice cookie that's been a holiday family tradition
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) cocoa
- 3/4 cup(s) solid vegetable shortening
- 3 ounce(s) whiskey
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix to form a stiff dough. Roll into small balls about 1" in size. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until bottoms are lightly brown. Do not over cook. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool. Then frost and decorate as desired.
- Frosting: 1/2 bag of powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp canola oil, dash of vanilla, a few tablespoons of milk (enough to form a thick paste).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by caseymypup and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Chocolate Pepper Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies