- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 ounces dry wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (29 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 cups = 12 oz)
How to Make It
Hands On: 15 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions.
Cook beef and onions in large skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink, about 5 minutes, while the noodles are cooking. Stir in puree, basil, garlic powder and oregano. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain noodles. Layer 1/2 each in prepared baking dish: meat sauce, cooked noodles, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting into 8 squares to serve.