The bread was a little difficult to find but I found some herbed sliced bread that worked. These were very good and very addicting. I will be making these again very soon!
Italian Cheese Bites
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 Italian bread slices
- 16 provolone cheese slices
- Marinara sauce
- 1. Stir together butter and Parmesan cheese; spread on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 8 bread slices, buttered sides down, on wax paper.
- 2. Layer 8 bread slices on wax paper each with 2 provolone cheese slices, and top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- 3. Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich into fourths, and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Cook time is per batch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note