We made this for our Italian Christmas brunch and it was good. Could use some more seasoning and maybe some mushrooms. I would say this is more on the lunch side than breakfast due to the peppers but very good.
Italian Brunch Casserole
Yield: 10 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.85
More From Allyou
Chill: 8 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 179mg
- Sodium: 934mg
- 1 (8 oz.) package sweet Italian sausage
- 8 green onions, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 zucchini, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded sharp
- Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove and discard casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Add onions, zucchini, salt and pepper. Sauté for 4 minutes. Stir in roasted peppers; drain and cool.
- Spread 4 cups Italian bread cubes in a lightly greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Top the layer of cubes with half of the sausage mixture and half of the cheese. Create another layer with remaining bread, sausage and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Cover and chill for 8 hours. Bake, covered, for at least 1 hour or until bubbly and hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles