Italian Breakfast Strata
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 green and red bell pepper cored, seeded & diced
- 1 loaf(s) Italian bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/3 cup(s) basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cup(s) shredded mozarella cheese
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil, place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and add boiling water, let stand 10 minutes. Crumble sausage into large skillet, cook over med to med-hi heat for 6 minutes, until no longer pink. Add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain sun-dried tomatotes and chop, stir into sausage mixture. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and chopped basil. Stir sausage mixture over bread along with 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture and stir to moisten all ingredients. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour bread mixture into dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When ready to cook, heat oven to 350, incover dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese, cover with foil and bake covered at 350 for 45 min. Uncover and bake another 15 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Breakfast Strata Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch