- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- 8 tablespoons Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, divided
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread (about 18 in. long)
How to Make It
Combine tomatoes, onion, basil, pepper and 2 tablespoons Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing in small bowl; set aside.
Slice bread diagonally into 18 slices. Brush 1 side of each slice with remaining 6 tablespoons Dressing. Grill or broil bread until golden, turning once. Evenly top grilled slices with tomato mixture.
NOTE: Tomato mixture can be prepared ahead.
Also terrific with Wish-Bone® Robusto Italian or Light Italian Dressing.
Photo Copyright© 2009 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.