- 1/2 (16-ounce) Italian bread loaf
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced mortadella or bologna
- 4 (1-ounce) provolone cheese slices
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and cut in half
- Garnish: pimiento-stuffed green olives
How to Make It
Cut bread diagonally into 8 slices; arrange on a baking sheet. Brush slices evenly with Italian dressing, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375° for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Stir together mayonnaise and mustard; spread untoasted side of bread evenly with mayonnaise mixture.
Layer 4 bread slices, mayonnaise mixture side up, with salami and next 5 ingredients. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side down. Secure with wooden picks. Garnish, if desired.