- 1 (8-ounce) Italian or French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup olive oil-and-balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
How to Make It
Place bread on a baking sheet, and bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Combine mozzarella and dressing in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic bag; cover or seal, and chill 1 hour.
Toss together bread, olives, next 5 ingredients, and mozzarella mixture. Let stand 20 minutes. Serve over lettuce, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
*8 cups cubed and lightly toasted cornbread may be substituted.